Five Ways to Improve Your Prostate Cancer Treatment Experience
1. Ask as many questions as you need; there are no bad ones.
2. Know all of your options, including other treatment choices and other doctors.
3. Choose a setting that is warm, comfortable, and state-of-the-art, including receptionists who make you feel welcome and doctors who are gifted in both the treatment room and the waiting room.
4. Don’t let yourself be rushed. Your time is as valuable as anyone else’s time.
5. Choose a place where you will have as much support after your treatment as you will during treatment.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Source: Dr. Daniel Fass, Director, Institute for Image-Guided Radiotherapy, Rye, NY, www.instituteigrt.com
This article was published in Coping® with Cancer magazine, January/February 2009.